GekkkoSOL Paint is based on a mixture of waterglasses. The special composition and combination of these water-glasses make for an enormously broad spectrum of application, particularly with regards to a purely mineral-based paint.
The binding agent in GekkkoSOL is silicon dioxide (quartz) diluted in water. It has a specific surface of 500m² per gram. This extremely large surface results in enormously high adhesion forces effective on almost every surface. This binder has already been in use for centuries in the clarification of wine and grape juice.
GekkkoSOL was named after the gecko which, with the millions of fine, little hairs on its feet, is able to adhere to the smoothest of surfaces even when upside down.
GekkkoSOL Paint is suitable for interior use as new and renovation coatings on many different surfaces:
– Very firmly fixed old synthetic-based coatings, especially emulsion paints. Use on latex paints only after trial coating with good results!
– Gypsum-, lime based gypsum-, lime based cement- and lime plasters.
– Plasterboards and drywalls (exception: Rigidur H).
– Old lacquers
On new lime-based plasters, renders and paints, wait at least 4 weeks before repainting with GekkkoSOL Paint.
- Very good coverage / opacity
- Ready to use
- One-component paint
- Colour: white
- Purely mineral
- Excellent adhesive ability to a multitude of surfaces
- Resistant to acids, bases and many solvents
- Highly diffusible
- Resistant to splash water
- Funghi-retardant because of alkalinity
- Contains no organic binders
- Density: approx. 1.75 kg/Litre
Waterglasses, silicon minerals, chalk, talcum, titanium dioxide, soda, xanthane, water, cellulose, preservative for citrus fruits
When using the product, the complete Product information must be observed.
Sequence of Coatings / Dilution
1. Fine elutriation, on bright surfaces: 1 x GekkkoSOL Paint diluted with up to approx. 10% GekkkoSol Thin-ner to adjust to the absorbency of the surface (if necessary).
2. Strong elutriation, on dark surfaces: 1 x GekkkoSOL Paint diluted with approx. 10% GekkkoSol Thinner (if necessary), 1 x GekkkoSOL Paint undiluted or diluted with max. 10 % GekkkoSol Thinner.
A top coating with all KREIDEZEIT wall paints and lazures is possible.
GekkkoSOL Paint is to be applied by apaint brush or a roller with short fibres (1.5 cm fibre length). On all strongly absorbing surfaces like lime based cement plas-ter and gypsum plaster a dilution of approx. 10% GekkkoSol Thinner is recommended.
GekkkoSOL Paint has avery good opacity and must be applied very thinly. Too thick layers of paint might lead to cracks.
Safe to coat after approx. 8 hrs. Thoroughly dried after approx. 24 hrs.
Good quality, medium-pile paint roller (polyamide) and paint brush. Airless sprayers (min. air pressure 200 bar). Recommended from the KREIDEZEIT range: Paint roller and brushes.
Cleaning the Tools
Immediately after use with water.
Up to 10 % KREIDEZEIT mineral pigments may be used for tinting. Ironoxide pigments up to only 5 %. Stronger tinting upon consultation and approval of KREIDEZEIT.
• Colour Chart
Before mixing, the pigments should be elutriated with GekkkoSol Thinner.
The online colour maps are for rough orientation only.
We would like to point out that the color tones cannot always be displayed correctly by different monitors and their settings. The same applies to self-produced prints of these colours. In order to get a better or true-to-original impression of our colours, we recommend the purchase of our colour fan, our colour cards with original coats or our printed, free flyers.
If there is no dealer in your region, you can order directly from us under +49 5060 – 6080650 or under firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.