Lithium Waterglass has an excellent hardening effect without reducing the diffusibility of the subsurface.
Can be coated with all KREIDEZEIT wall paints and plasters, usually additionally primed with Casein Primer or Vega Primer.
Lithium Waterglass has a mould resistant effect, is diffusible, non-yellowing and free of solvents, organic binders / synthetic resins.
Suitable for use on untreated mineral plasters, concrete, stone and masonry.
- good penetration properties
- prevents microbial infestation and fungal growth in the medium term
- alkaline (pH 12)
- specific density 1,18
- water and acid resistant
- easy to process
- can be diluted with water in any ratio
Water, silicon dioxide, lithium oxide
When using the product, the complete Product information must be observed.
Preparing the Substrate
Time to wait until application on fresh lime plaster: at least 8 weeks.
- Carefully cover all surfaces not to be painted, especially glass, clinker, tiles, metal, wood.
- Thoroughly remove glue bound paints and chalking or non-load-bearing old coats.
- Thoroughly wash off wallpaper glue residues from the substrate.
- Remove dust from surfaces, sweep off sanding surfaces.
- Check old coatings for good adhesion and remove if necessary.
- Remove binder deposits and sintered skin from plaster surfaces. Remove formwork oil residues on concrete. Etch fresh calcareous plasters.
- clean mould-infested mineral substrates with soda lye
Before processing, lithium water glass must be diluted with water in a ratio of at least 1:1. Stronger dilutions may be necessary. Do not use undiluted !
Application and drying temperature: between 5 and 30 °C.
Transparent hardening of plasters
Dilute lithium water glass with water in a ratio of at least 1:1.
Application by painting. Do not roll!
It is essential to apply from bottom to top to avoid runners.
Make sure that the water glass solution penetrates completely, otherwise shiny areas may remain. Usually a colour brightening occurs after drying. In some cases, a whitish-cloudy coating result is possible.
Drying times at normal climate
The paint becomes dust-dry after 2-3 hours. Additional coats can be applied after at least 12 hours.
Quality paint brushes and airless spray guns.
Recommended from the KREIDEZEIT range: Facade brush, Lime brush
Cleaning the Tools
Immediately after use with water. Store tools in water during work breaks.
The product is alkaline. Wear safety glasses and protective gloves during application. Protect all other surfaces against paint splashes (especially glass, brick, tiles, metal parts and oiled/varnished wood)! Paint splashes must be removed immediately using plenty of water (risk of irreversible stains, including on glass lenses).
In case of skin contact: Rinse with plenty of water.
If skin irritation persists, seek medical attention.
In case of eye contact: Hold the eyelids open and rinse eyes under running water for several minutes and seek medical attention. Pay attention to possible natural substance allergies. The natural raw materials used can give off a typical product odour! Keep out of reach of children!
If there is no dealer in your region, you can order directly from us under +49 5060 – 6080650 or under firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.