There are no limits to your fantasy. With brush, cloth, sponge, etc. individual wall surfaces can be created by brushing, wiping, wrapping or dabbing.
Can be tinted with all KREIDEZEIT earth and mineral pigments and other alkaliresistant pigments.
Suitable for application on all KREIDEZEIT wallpaints and plasters and other absorbent and coatable plasters and coatings.
In order to achieve the characteristic appearance of a wall glaze, the substrate should be as white as possible or as bright and reflective as possible and should have a light structure such as brush stroke or trowel stroke, e.g. KREIDEZEIT Lime Paint -textured-, Lime Wall Finishes, Marble Fibre Render, Brush- and Roll-on Plaster.
Not suitable for glue paints, latex paints, plastic surfaces, metal, wood, non-absorbent and permanently damp substrates.
- Powder to be mixed with water
- Easy to use
- dry wiping-resistant
- Free of antidegradants
Casein, methyl cellulose, soda
When using the product, the complete Product information must be observed.
Mixing the Wall Glaze Binder
- Mixing the pigments
Mix 10 – 100 g of pigments with a little water in a small pot or jar.
- Mixing the Binder
Best suitable for mixing the Binder are a small bucket and a kitchen mixer or a whisk. Add 100 g of Wall Glaze Binder to 1 litre of cold water while stirring fast. Ensure that all clots are stirred out properly. After an expanding time of approx. 30 minutes, stir again thoroughly.
- Diluting the Binder
Depending on the substrate and the desired effect of the wall-glaze, the binder (step 2) is further diluted with different amounts of water.
- Dilute the binder with 2 – 4 litres of water for visible strokes of the brush / traces of tools and for stencil techniques.
- Dilute the binder with 5 – 6 litres of water for smooth glazes or on coarse-textured substrates.
- Dilute the binder with 7 – 8 litres of water for multi-layered lazures and to avoid accumulations of binder and glossy areas.
- Dilute the binder with at least 7 litres of water for transparent plaster solidification.
- The amount of water can be increased according to the requirements of the
Stir the mixed pigments (from step 1) in small portions into the diluted Binder until the colour has the desired intensity.
Note: The intensity of the colour can be checked quickly by painting the lazure on a white sheet of paper and using a hair dryer, because the drying process brightens the lazure significantly. Prior to large-scale application, make samples (trial coatings) on original surface material to evaluate the final appearance.
It is particularly recommended to apply the Wall Glaze with a brush in a criss-cross pattern.
Horizontal, vertical, webwise and chessboard like painting is to be avoided. Always allow the paint contours to run out irregularly.
Unlimited possibilities. Create your individual surface by using brush, cloth, sponge for wiping, sweeping, spotting. We recommend a crosswise application with a brush. Avoid horizontal and vertical application (chess board appearence !).
The Wall Glaze must be applied on the same day as mixing. Do not use product that smells bad or rotten under any circumstances: Danger of prolonged odour problems even after drying!
Transparent Plaster Solidification Drying Times
For the transparent fixing of clay and other plasters, the Wall Glaze Binder must be diluted strongly.
A second layer of lazure can be applied after approx. 4 hrs at 20ºC. The coating has dried thoroughly after 24 hrs.
Good quality paint brushes.
Recommended from the KREIDEZEIT range: Glaze brush, Facade brush, Lime brush
Cleaning the Tools
Immediately after use with water.
– Instruction Applying Stencils
– Beginners should practice the application of lazures on trial surfaces first.
– Wiping back and forth for too long on water-reversible substrates such as Casein Marble Paint, Vega Wallpaint and Clay Paints can dissolve the surface so that the lazure effect gets lost. We recommend working fast while applying the Wall Glaze.
– Pour the mixture through a kitchen sieve or a nylon stocking if the Wall Glaze Binder still contains clots after expanding time and dilution.
Wall Glaze Binder can be tinted with all KREIDEZEIT earth and mineral pigments .
• Colour Chart Wall Glazes
Either stir the pigment directly into the preparation water until smooth before mixing in the white Marble Paint powder, or create a paste with a little water and then mix in with the finished Marble Paint. Instruction
Printed versions are available from KREIDEZEIT and KREIDEZEIT dealers.
The online colour maps are for rough orientation only.
We would like to point out that the color tones cannot always be displayed correctly by different monitors and their settings. The same applies to self-produced prints of these colours. In order to get a better or true-to-original impression of our colours, we recommend the purchase of our colour fan, our colour cards with original coats or our printed, free flyers.
If there is no dealer in your region, you can order directly from us under +49 5060 – 6080650 or under email@example.com.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.