The high linseed oil content ensures that the product doesn’t dry too quickly and deeply penetrates into the tiniest of pores thanks to the small size of the molecules.
Kreidezeit Hard Oil does not contain any solvents or water, and consists exclusively of natural oils and resins. It contains no ‘hidden’ alkyd resins produced from non-drying oils such as rapeseed, soybean or sunflower oil.
hard-wearing, dirt and water-resistant
Solvent and water-free, very economical
Doesn’t tear or become brittle
Diffusible, antistatic and warm to touch
Transparent, honey-toned and colour-deepening
Easy to work with and touch up
Saliva and sweat-resistant according to DIN 53160
Cobalt, lead and barium-free
Linseed oil, tung oil, linseed stand oil, tung stand oil, glycerol ester of wood rosin and manganese drier
Warning! There is a risk of self-ignition when working materials are soaked with product.
Application Shake product briefly before application. Apply two coats of KREIDEZEIT Hard Oil, allowing the first coat to dry before applying the second. The substrate may require sanding before applying the second coat. If using containers with different batch numbers, mix and stir together prior to application. The product must not be poured onto surfaces! Clean and dust down untreated substrates.
1. Initial sanding Sand the wood (grit P80-100), rounding the edges. Do not use a finer sandpaper as this will make the wood too dense and unable to absorb enough oil. New, smooth, planed or finely pre-sanded wood should be rough sanded to ensure the oil can be absorbed. Dust down thoroughly after sanding.
2. First coat To ensure good penetration, it is recommended to dilute the product with at least 20% Balsamic Turpentine (article no. 447) for the first coat on very dense, poorly absorbent and tannin-rich wood (such as oak). a) Manual application Apply KREIDEZEIT Hard Oil evenly with a brush, short-pile roller, cloth or sponge. After 10-20 minutes, thoroughly wipe the entire treated area with a dry, lint-free cloth until the surface has a uniform satin appearance. b) Machine application Apply KREIDEZEIT Hard Oil with a short-pile roller. After 10-20 minutes, thoroughly wipe the entire treated area with a soft pad until the surface has a uniform satin appearance. Change pad promptly once it becomes saturated. Ensure that all unabsorbed oil has been completely removed, as otherwise shiny or sticky patches may remain. KREIDEZEIT Hard Oil must fully penetrate into the wood. It must not form a layer on the wood.
3. Re-sanding between coats (optional) Re-sanding between coats is only required if the surface has dried rough, for example if wood fibres have dried proud of the surface. Use sand paper (grit P100-120) in the direction of the fibre. Dust down thoroughly after sanding.
4. Second coat Repeat as per the first coat. Apply the product undiluted.
5. Wax treatment Oiled floors generally do not require wax treatment. To improve the gloss, you can finish with KREIDEZEIT Carnauba Wax Emulsion after at least 48 hours. To do this, dilute 1 part emulsion with 2 parts water. Apply evenly and thinly, allow to dry and polish as needed.
Drying Time Dry and re-coatable at 20°C and 60% relative humidity after approx. 24 hours (48 hours for substrates containing tannin, e.g. oak, etc.). High humidity, cold temperatures and substrates containing tannin significantly extend the drying time. Hardened after approx. 4 weeks. Use the surface gently and protect from water during this time.
Note Due to the content of natural oils, a yellowing occurs on surfaces with low exposure to light. A typical odour is emitted when natural oils dry; this disappears with time. Failure to remove iron filings on the surface can cause discolouration when applying the product. Not recommended for use on inside surfaces of cupboards; these are best treated with Shellac Varnish, Carnauba Wax Emulsion or Corfu Soap.
This product can be tinted with any KREIDEZEIT Pigment.
Start by stirring the pigments into a small amount of the product until it forms a lump-free paste, and then stir into the main mixture. Instruction
The pigments can be mixed freely with each other. Colour samples are available from our retailers. Alternatively, the product can be tinted in any ratio with Stand Oil Paint -half rich-.
We would like to point out that the color tones cannot always be displayed correctly by different monitors and their settings. The same applies to self-produced prints of these colours. In order to get a better or true-to-original impression of our colours, we recommend the purchase of our colour cards with original coats or our printed, free flyers.